Vacancy: Marketing Manager
About the job
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at Copy House, a content marketing agency based in Edinburgh.
While we’re physically based in Edinburgh, we’re happy to accept applications from across the UK as we support remote working.
We’re looking to appoint a Marketing Manager to join our team to help in our ambitious plans to scale up and grow over the next few years and expand our client portfolio in technology and FinTech sectors.
Reporting directly to the managing director, this is a multi-faceted position that is ideally suited to a flexible, methodical and hard-working individual.
We’re looking for an ambitious, level headed, articulate and versatile communicator, who isn’t afraid of getting stuck in. We see this marketing role as 90% hands on and 10% strategic.
The successful applicant will have been working in a marketing role for at least the past 5 years and will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding how to market a service business, rather than a product based business.
The role needs a wide range of marketing abilities, skills and experience from supporting the founders personal branding and content strategy to thought leadership and organising industry events. We are looking for someone who is hands-on, yet has the ability to think and plan strategically.
The role is very autonomous and would suit a driven self-starter with strong initiative. You will be required to create, plan and execute a marketing strategy. To be clear we need a well organised and personable marketing professional who can own the role in their own right, not someone who needs to be managed. This role would not suit someone who is only a digital marketer, the skills needed are to be much more rounded. Ideally, the new marketing manager has experience in some or all of the areas listed below:
- Raising our reputation as the ‘go to’ agency in our sectors and services
- Improving customer engagement/support and increase enquiries
- Ability to create a content strategy
- Having a general understanding of digital marketing channels, paid search and social.
- Managing our social media activity
- Managing brand experience
- Identifying target sectors, target customers
- Assisting with the curation of thought leadership material
- Generating case studies, blog posts and other marketing collateral
- Basic video editing skills including adding subtitles
- Helping us identify speaking (events, podcasts, webinars) opportunities.
- Identifying networking events for team members to attend
- Creating our own thought leadership events, roundtables and social events.
- Organising client hospitality
- Helping owners develop their personal brands and points of view online and offline
- Research business networking events and conferences for founders to attend
- Supporting personal branding and thought leadership of founders and wider team
- Supporting our account manager with their client marketing
- Researching and assisting with the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances
- Managing award and league table entries
- Managing CRM systems (HubSpot experience and advantage)
- Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness/ROI of all our marketing campaigns
- Owning and monitoring marketing budgets
Salary and Benefits
A successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of marketing experience, with aspirations to progress from Marketing Manager to Marketing Director and build a team over the next 3-5 years.
Academic qualifications in marketing, sales or business will be advantageous, but the experience in marketing, demonstrable to learn new skills will be paramount
In return, we will provide
- Good salary based on talent and experience
- Work from anywhere policy
- Flexible working hours
- Pension contributions
- 25+ days holiday including Christmas closure
- We’ll pay to send you to various conferences, events, and training days
- Regular company social events
- Company outings
You will be an important part of a growing agency that is looking to establish itself as a ‘go to’ provider of content marketing to technology brands around the world. You’ll be part of a close-knit agency that puts its clients first at all times but one that also recognises and rewards the hard work and professionalism of its staff.
How to apply:
Please send CV with covering letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!