How to use Semrush to Accelerate your Content Marketing Strategy
As we move towards a digital age, content marketing is advancing and consumer habits are shifting. This shift has caused a surge in the way businesses conduct their marketing efforts.
In a survey carried out by Semrush, 84% of B2B and B2C companies, including marketing agencies and non-profit organizations, have a content marketing strategy. Having this strategy at hand helps them boost their organic traffic and generate leads.
With so many businesses relying on content marketing to help them obtain leads, how do you become a thought leader in your sector?
Well, here at Copy House, we’re experts in creating content that helps technology and FinTech brands build better relationships with their audience by explaining complex topics in a creative and engaging way. This helps nurture leads throughout the funnel and boost revenue. To achieve such amazing results, we use Semrush as a tool to boost our content marketing efforts.
In this article, we’ll give you an insight into how you can stand out from the crowd and target your specific audience using Semrush.
What is Semrush?
To clear any ambiguity, Semrush is an online visibility management and content marketing platform that helps companies of all sizes optimise their visibility across numerous channels and create engaging content for their users.
Semrush’s data allows businesses of all scales to track their progress, find growth opportunities, all whilst finding solutions to help them run experiments and more accurately measure results.
They have helped over 7 million marketers globally by making their role more effective and delivering breathtaking results.
Digital Marketing Tools
As digital and content marketing is widely used across the B2B and B2C industry, numerous businesses are competing for their content to grasp their target audience and generate leads.
Semrush offers over 40+ tools and reports to find the best solution to your digital marketing challenges. They have numerous tools to help you with:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Market Research
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Search Engine Reputation Marketing (SERM)
Just to run through a few of the popular tools used by our copywriters and marketing team at Copy House…
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
This means that to ensure your content is seen and to increase the organic traffic coming to your site, you must appear on the first page of the search engine’s results page.
This can be achieved through keyword research and website optimisation to target your audience.
Semrush offers everything you need to get the best keyword overview. They look into:
- The Search Volume: The average number of times per month that a keyword was queried on Google
- Keyword Difficulty: The higher the percentage, the more difficult Semrush predicts it would rank for.
- Number of Results on Search Engine Results Page (SERP): The number of URLs displayed in organic search results for a given keyword.
- Cost Per Click (CPC): The advertiser pays Google for a click on their PPC ad on this keyword’s SERP.
- Trend: how much interest web searchers have shown in a given keyword in the last 12 months
With the use of these tools, you can generate organic traffic to your website and target your specific audience.
Keyword research is particularly important when writing content because these act as search terms for your audience when they’re looking for relevant information on Google.
Semrush is great for this research because it offers a ‘Keyword Magic Tool’. This tool allows you to type in a keyword and it then generates a list of keywords, phrases or questions that are most commonly searched for on Google.
If you look at this example, we’ve typed ‘content marketing’ in the tab. We’ve also selected the ‘Questions’ button so Semrush can generate the most common questions asked about this keyword.
From the list provided, we’re able to see the keyword difficulty of each one, how many people have searched for it and the trends relevant to each question.
Using this tool alongside your SEO knowledge will boost your website and your content’s ranking to help push your brand to the top search results of Google.
Content Marketing Tools
Creating a marketing strategy that pushes your brand forward is only half the battle. The other is successfully executing your strategy, tracking your content to ensure goals and targets are met and making sure your strategy is adaptable for any unforeseen circumstances.
Semrush offers numerous tools to aid your content marketing strategy. These include:
- Topic Research: Helps you discover great content ideas which resonate with your audience.
- Marketing Calendar: Manages your content strategy and ensures you remain on top of your content marketing activities.
- SEO Content Template: Generates a custom brief for SEO-friendly content that drives organic traffic to your website.
- SEO Writing Assistant: Helps you check your SEO score and originality. It also improves your readability and adjusts your contents tone of voice.
- Brand Monitoring: Helps you find the most relevant platform for content distribution and tracks both you and your competitors’ brand mentions.
- Post (content) Tracking: Measure the performance of your external publications or your competitors’ articles.
- Content Audit: Analyses your content assets to discover your top articles and identify which ones require an update.
By using this service, you’re able to follow your content every step of the way and see where you’re going wrong and how you can improve.
Semrush gives you amazing insight into how your internal content is ranking as well as data on your competitors and what’s working for them.
Copy House X Semrush
Semrush has numerous tools which are vital for any and all content marketers. For years, our copywriters and marketing team at Copy House have used Semrush to optimise our content, drive traffic and generate leads.
Our relationship with Semrush has grown over the years as Copy House’s Managing Director, Kathryn Strachan became a verified speaker for Semrush earlier this year.
More recently, Semrush has become an affiliate of Copy House and by using this link you can start your Semrush experience with a free 14-day trial. That’s 7 days more than usual!
What are you waiting for? Optimise your content and grow your business now! And if you still need help taking your content one step further, complete the form below and one of our content marketing experts will get in touch!